He is a journalist and translator by profession. Born in rural Limassol, he grew up in Nicosia and London. He studied International Relations (BA Hons, Dipl (merit)) and won press scholarships in erstwhile West Berlin and Paris. He has an English translation Diploma from the London Institute of Linguists.
He served mainly in the printed press, having worked his way up to the position of chief editor and managing editor in Cypriot newspapers and magazines, including English-language ones.
Notwithstanding his main occupation as political and international correspondent, he always engaged in the literary and artistic domains writing book, theatre and film reviews and interviewing people of the Letters and the Arts.
In August 2007 he exclusively covered the staging of Euripides’ ‘Iphigenia in Tauris’ by the Cyprus State Theatre (THOC) at the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus as correspondent of the Cyprus Journalists Union.
On account of his profession, he always took keen interest in matters of freedom of speech and human rights. In October 2015 he was among the speakers at the Speak UP conference organized by Transparency International in Nicosia. In June 2006 he was invited to participate in a seminar in Brussels, held by the Committee of Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs of the European Parliament. He has also attended various other conferences, lectures, seminars and events on the same issues in Cyprus and abroad.
- “Count down”, poetry collection 1997
- “Diary of a Young ‘Terrorist’ – a biographical essay”, Nicosia 1993 (partly included in the state Anthology of EOKA texts by SIMAE).
- “Political Murals of Cyprus 1955-1981”, Nicosia 1981.
- “History is Written on the Walls – Slogans, Paintings and Graffiti in Cyprus, 1892-2012”, Aigaio Publications 2012.
- “The Enchanted Vine – Journeying in Time with God Dionysus”, Phyllis Publications 2018 (Short-listed for the State Literary Prizes).
- An abundance of travelogues from Cyprus and abroad in Greek and English media.
- Pedieos, The river of Nicosia
- Cyprus Travel Writers & Journalists Society
- Tochni: Of faith and stone
He recently became member of the reactivated Cyprus Travel Writers & Journalists Association.
He is a member of the Cyprus Journalists Union and the European and International Union of Journalists, as well as of various other professional and cultural associations.
Phone Number: 99 599 117