A difficult 2021 has been challenging for another year the resilience of humanity. The pandemic crisis is still in progress and like all the other sectors, literature has to endure the complexities of our times. Cyprus PEN adapted its actions, according to the new realities of social distancing and has set specific goals for 2021, goals that have been achieved. These strategic objectives will function as the starting point for the creation of an active literary force with an active social role:
- The creation of a new Charter that had been approved by the General Assembly of Cyprus PEN on January 23rd, 2021.
- The creation of a digital archive that will preserve the history, actions and publications of Cyprus Pen and will function as the foundation for a successful continuation in the new digital age.
- The creation of the website of Cyprus PEN in Greek and English language, based on this digital archive, ready to give prominence to its members and their valuable work, as well as to the rich work produced by Cyprus PEN. The new website offers all the modern tools for an easy-to-use, optimized for mobile phones, clear and functional tour and interaction. The members of Cyprus PEN will have the opportunity to promote their work in the digital Library of the website. All literary news of Cyprus PEN community will be posted, offering constant newsfeed.
- The maximum reactivation of Cyprus PEN in the dialogue, activities and the opportunities offered by PEN International, contributing constructively to the realization of the visions of the international organization, always aiming in promoting Cypriot literature. This goal has been achieved and the results of this effort will emerge through the actions of the new year 2022.
- The planning of activities and publications that will enrich libraries and universities nationally and internationally.
In addition, in 2021 Cyprus PEN participated in the discussions concerning the foundation of the Deputy of Culture of Cyprus and has submitted a specific proposal to the Ministry of Education and Culture, as well as to the House of Representatives of Cyprus.